11.09.2012

my favorite baby items

Here is a list of items that I use literally every day and they are lifesavers!
1. BRITAX B-AGILE TRAVEL SYSTEM
I did a ton of research on strollers/carseats and this was by far the best one for me. My must have check list included: safe, 3-wheeled, light, carseat clip in, easy to use and affordable. After researching online Kevin and I went to the store and test drove this bad boy and that is when I knew this was the best stroller ever! It is so easy to use we put Ty in the stroller on every outing, not just walks. Kevin actually told me that when we're are leaving a store, he likes to collapse the stoller in the parking lot in hopes that someone will see him and be impressed with how slick and fast and compact it is. Lol!

2. BABY CONNECT APP
My friend Jane recommended this app and said, it's 5 bucks but it will be the best 5 bucks you've ever spent. And to that I say, Amen! I use this app all day (and night) to log Ty's feedings, diapers, sleep, etc. I also log when I pump milk, when he takes medicine...basically everything because it's so easy and I usually have my phone close by. It organizes and charts everything. As you can see in the chart below, Ty has been sleeping a little better this last week:)


3. PACIFIERS
God bless the inventor of the pacifier. The nurses at the hospital scared me into thinking that if I gave Ty a paci before he was a month old, that he would have a hard time learning to nurse because of nipple confusion, etc. I finally caved in when he was 2 weeks old and it was the best day ever! He had an instant super-latch with the paci and he ironically became a better nurser because sucking the paci taught him how to correctly suck (he always tried to drink while his tongue was pushed up against the roof of his mouth). I love this thing, definitely a must have!


4. MOTOROLA VIDEO BABY MONITOR
It's so nice being able to check on Ty without actually going into his room. It's especially nice for a paranoid mama to see the rise and fall of his chest while he sleeps. I do think Ty is becoming more aware of the monitor though (there is a faint green night vision light) because sometimes we click on the monitor and this is what we see:
 Kevin always jokes that Ty can see us too and he's telling us, "I'm awake now, come get me!" haha!

5. HOMEMADE BURP CLOTHS
There aren't a ton of options when it comes to buying burp cloths. My mom made me these as a surprise and I loved them so much, I asked for more for my birthday. They are so cute (each one has a different fabric on the back) and so convenient!

6. SWADDLE BLANKETS
These are the best thing ever, especially if you have a summer baby, like me! They are lightweight and you can stretch them to make sure the swaddle is snug. Ty started breaking out of his swaddle at about 3 months so I've been using the swaddleme velcro things but I've loved having these as his carseat blanket:) Hands down this would be the item that I will always buy for any baby shower! Aden and Anias is the kind I use and the nicest ones I've seen:)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I definitely have envy of the budget you had for your baby. I would LOVE tohave that stroller and the video monitor . . . maybe on baby #3 . . . here's hoping :)

Ashley said...

I have to ditto you comment about the swaddle blankets. With summertime, and not wanting to suffocate my child in those excessively fluffy blankets, these are a godsend. I love mine as well. I can't believe I've gone through three kids without a video monitor or phone app! It would probably change my world.
Thanks for the tips. You are super clever.